Currently, there are no job openings at Dominant Seventh. Keep an eye out though because we are a growing company. We do hire freelancers occasionally.
Dominant Seventh is seeking a Publicity Intern, who is passionate and eager to help upcoming musicians succeed in their careers. Interns will gain a basic understanding of what it takes to plan, implement, and evaluate a publicity campaign for an album release or a tour. Our hope is to foster a hands-on environment that provides a quality experience and inspires interns to choose a career path in the music industry.
* Compiling and organizing press clippings
* Updating electronic media kits
* Drafting news releases for distribution
* Creating and updating media contact lists/databases
* Conducting research and market analysis for clients
* Writing up to 6 blog posts for Dominant Seventh
* Diligent tracking of hours
* Must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program with at least a sophomore status
* Preferred major in PR, Communications, Marketing, or Music
* Passion for music or entertainment industries
* Strong writing skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Ability to work independently
This internship primarily focuses on the media relations aspect of public relations. Interns will learn how to develop relationships with media members, gain experience using media database tools, and have writing samples to showcase development. There may also be opportunities to increase knowledge in social media should a client request a social media campaign. Currently, Dominant Seventh has three musicians on the roster in the genres of indie rock/folk, pop, and hip-hop. We do not require you to work weekends, but there will be possibilities to sit in on client meetings or attend shows. The length of this internship shall be a minimum of three months from the time of your start date and approximately 10-15 hours per week.
To apply, email a resume, cover letter, and one writing sample (preferably a news release) as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line “Publicity Internship Application.”